- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 - 14.5oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers (you can find these near the olives, they come in a small glass jar, at first glance they look like snail shells, but in reality they're flower buds...the taste is 'interesting'...kinda like olives, which I don't like, at all.)
- 1 - 2.25oz can chopped, pitted, ripe olives (see point two as to why I find this dish 'interesting')
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound frozen cod fillets
- Salt & pepper to taste
Pour cooled sauce into a 1 quart freezer bag, label and place with frozen cod.
Thaw the cod. Rinse the cod fillets & pat dry. Pour the sauce into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, & simmer for 8-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Arrange the cod fillets in a single layer in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish, treated with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the sauce over the fish. Place in a pre-heated 450°F oven, and bake until fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven & serve immediately.