- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups (16oz) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1-oz packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 4oz can chopped green chilies
- 5 flour tortillas cut into 1 inch strips
- 4 cups (16oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Combine the cottage cheese & eggs in a small bowl.
Drain the browned meat of excess fat & add taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chilies; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
In a 13x9x2-in baking dish treated with non-stick cooking spray, layer half of the meat sauce, half the tortillas, half of the cottage cheese mixture, and half of the Monterey Jack cheese, in that order.
Repeat the layers with remaining portions.
Bake uncovered, in preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Cover with heavy duty aluminum foil, label, and freeze. I like to use my pans that have lids so that after putting the aluminum foil I just place the lid and then can stack other dishes on top of it, in the freezer.